Document update is where the transaction (documents) are updated in the application tables. This update is normally a synchronous update, i.e. if the update does not go through for whaterever reason, the complete transaction is rolled back.
Statistical update is the update of statistics for the transaction – like LIS or extractors for BW.
V1 – synchronous update. If the update is set to V1, then all tables are update and if any one fails, all are rolled back. Done for all transaction plus critical statistics like credit management, etc.
V2 – asynchronous update – transactions are updated and statistical updates are done when the processesor has free resources. If the statistical update fails, the transaction would have still gone through and these failures have to be addressed separately.
V3 – batch update – statistics are updated using a batch (periodic) job like every hour or end of the day. Failure behaviour is same as V2 updates.
Statistical update is also used as to describe the initial setup of the statistical tables for LO/LIS. When old transactions are updated in LO/LIS as a one time exercise, then it is called a statistical update also. Once these tables are upto date will all transactions, then every transaction is updated in them using V1, V2 or V3.
A BI Developer wants to limit access to a specific Data Set to the User when the user execute report the one has to put limit on the Data Access by the user which is called Reporting Authorization.
For example: A BI developer wants the user to only see the data belonging to her Controlling Area then the you can achieve this by Reporting Authorization
Go to RSECADMIN – Authorizatino Tabl – Maintenance – Give name Hit Create
Install following Business Content:
0TCAACTVT – Activity-Read, Create,Change, Display etc.
0TCAIPROV – From which InfoProvider you want to select the data
0TCAVALID – How long this Authorization is Valid to the Particular User
0TCAKYFNM – limit the Key Figures value here
Make sure the Above InfoProvider and all InforProvide that require Authorization as Authorizaton Relevent (0PROFIT_CTR)
Once you click Create..Start Inserting Above InfoObjects in the Characteristics/Dimension Column.
Double Click on each InfoObject and Limit the DataSet
Now you want to Assign this Authorization to User or a Role
In the RSECADMIN go to USER Tab – Assignments – Select User – Change – Insert the Above Create Authorizatin Object – Save.
Go to the Role Maintenance – and You can add this Authorization to a Specific Role
1. What is the hierarchy of the people involved in the planning?
Based on this information, the creation of planning levels and the packages become easier.
Any vertical levels in the hierarchy will typically result in a planning level and any horizontal hierarchy can be converted into planning packages.
However, this is the simplest model I am talking about. The modelling procedure can be different also.
2. Who are the people involved in the planning and what is their area on which they work?
This explains the set of records, each of the person will be working on. Based on this detail, the selection criteria can be designed at the planning level and the planning package.
3. What are the different roles and responsibilities of each of the person?
This explains the authorizations that should be provided to the users.
4. What is the nature of work they do?
This information will be helpful to model different simulation models in BPS.
Planning Folder – UPSPM
Web Interface Builder – BPS_WB
STS can be used to automate the workflow and monitor the status for a planning applications created using BW-BPS or BI-IP.
Bottom-up Planning: In this type of planning scenario; the individual at the bottom level of the planning hierarchy prepares the plan data and sends the request for approval to a person above in the hierarchy. This hierarchy can be defined in customizing section of the STS application. This continues until the last(top) person in the hierarchy approves the plan data.
Top-Down Planning: In this case, the individual at the top level of hierarchy prepares the plan data and sends it to the person down the hierarchy. This continues until everyone, down to the bottom hierarchy, completes the planning process.
STS Application Component:
Planning Area: Define InfoProvider that is to be used in STS Application ( RealTime Planning InfoCube)
Subplan: Represents a specific area of Planning E.g FInancial Planning, Sales Planning, Investment Planning, Head-Count Planning, etc
Planning Session: This represent Versions of subplans. E.g A planning process for Sales planning may generate different versions of data (1, 2, and 3). The planning process associated with each Planning session can be specified for each of these variations. The planning sessions might be titled Plan1, Plan2 or Plan3. Each Planning Session may correspond to a version in the planning process.
Hierarchy: Represents the relationship of individuals involved in the planning process.
Implementations Steps for configuration of STS Application:
1. Create a Planning Area.
2. Create a Subplan.
3. Create a Planning Session.
4. Identify a Hierarchy and Planning Area for the subplan.
5. Associate a Planning Session with a subplan.
6. Determine the Attributes for the Planning Session.
7. Initialize/reset the Planning Session.
8. Define Header Characteristic for the Planning Session.
9. Determine the Data, Person Responsible, and Layouts.
10. Test the STS Application.
1. Create a Planning Area
T-Code BPS0 – Planning|Planning Area|Create – Enter Technical name & Description – Select Standard – Create – Now in the Attribute Tab – Select Your Planning InfoCube for Planning Area – Save Planning Area
2. Create a Subplan
T-Code BPS_TC ( Status and Tracking System) -
With the release of SAP BI 7.0; SAP is recommending it’s user to use Intergrated Planning for their company wide Budgeting and Planning Application.
Integrated Planning – is a J2EE-web based Planning tool used to create Enterprise Planning Application. The concept of planning remains the same for BPS and IP but IP gives a lot of flexibility to the developer to intergrate individual planning to create a consolidated web-based planning application.
Steps to create Planning Application using BI-IP
1. Create Real-Time InfoCube/MultiProvider that will be used to store plan data. Developer can use a single InfoCube to store Plan & Actual data using an InfoObject “Value Type for Reporting” which will help user differentiate Plan and Actual data. The 2nd choice could be use a MultiProvider that is created based on Two InfoCube: Plan & Actual.
Note: if you use a single InfoCube cube, make sure to change the Real-Time Load Behaviour when using it for Plan or Loading data.
2. Goto Planning Modeler and select the above created Real-Time InfoProvider for creating Plannning Application based on this InfoProvider.
3. Create Aggregation Level: You can think of Aggregation Level as an User Level Planning: for example CFO, Regional Manager, Supervisor, etc. individual Aggregation Level will have to be created respective user depending on respective user requirement.
4. Create Filter: This is the same concept as of Filters used in BEx Query Designer. It will limit the scope of planning to the specific range of dataset.
5. Planning Function: SAP gives pre-defined planning functions that can be executed automatically using Front-End of planning Application
6. Planning Sequence: Here you can add the above created Planning Function to be executed sequentially in proper order. Also, developer can create an Input Enabled Query to enter the plan data manually in order to test his planning Application.
Log into the BEx Query Designer - Create a new query – select a InfoProvider – Drag Key Figure to Column & Drag Dimensions to Row.
Free Characteristic - If you put the dimension; the report will show overall summarize result. You will have capability to drill down
Default Values – If you want to put restriction on Data Set coming from the Dimension when displaying Query; you can define restrict here on the respective dimension by Right Clicking on the dimension and select Restriction based on History, Single Values, Value Ranges, Variables(across InfoProvider)
SAP BPS is used to create planning applications using BW as a source of data. A Transactional/Real-Time InfoCube is created in the BW/BI server to store the planning data.
These Planning Applications are used as a complex analytical tool to make Enterprise wide decision by analysing Actuals and Plan data.
Web Interface Builder and Planning Folder is used to present these Planning Application to the end user in 3.x system.
BEx Analyzer, BEx Web Application Designer is used to create a user interface to present this Planning Application in BI 7.0 system using BEx Query Designer.
SEM BPS Contains Following Planning Applications:
1. Balance Sheet Planning:
This Planning Application helps to produce Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow.
Planning Area: Balance Sheet Planning (4BP0001)
InfoCube: Profit, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement Planning (0SEM_C06)
2. Sales and Profit Planning:
Sales and Profit Planning enables the planning of sales and the Revenue. The Actuals Values from the previous should be the basis for planning following years Sales (quantity) and Profits.
3. Cost Center Planning
4. Personnel Planning
5. Sales Planning
6. Investment Planning
7. Liquidity Planning
8. Simplified Resources Planning
OLAP Cache is very important to increase query performance. It can be done on Queries that is created using BEx Query Designer or Web Templates that is created using BEx WAD or the Queries that are published on Portal (iViews).
For executing an particular Query if the Query data is in OLAP-Cache then the performance is much better then to get the Query requested data from the database.
To access Reporting Agent or in BI 7.0 type REPORTING_AGENT
GoTo T-Code RSA1OLD | Click Reporting Agent | Click Print – This will show all the query and reports|
Drill down to a particular Report | HighLight this report | Create New Reporting Agent Setting | Give name & Description | Check Fill OLAP Cache if possible | Save and Activaate
Go Back | You will see one Reporting Agent create | Select the newly created Reporting Agent | on the Right Hand side Column | Create New Scheduling Package by clicking on Create Button | Give name and Description | SAve
Now Drag the Reporting Agent to the right Hand side the Scheduling Package Windows.Save.
- Crude Oil dashboard
- SAP V1, V2 and V3 Udates
- Reporting Authorization in SAP BI 7.0
- Key Points to remember at the time of Requirement Gathering for BPS Planning
- Transaction for BPS Front End Applicatioin
- Status and Tracking Systems (STS) Application
- SAP BI-IP Implementation steps
- BEx – Query Designer
- SAP SEM BPS Planning Application
- SAP OLAP Cache – Reporting Agent
- SAP BI – Remodeling/Repartioning/ReClustering
- SAP BI – Physical Partitioning
- Free Books
- IT Ethics course web site
- Info Infrastructure Protection
- Planet Labs
- The 2006 UCSB International Capture The Flag
- Master School site
- My undergrad school
- Packet Storm
- Security Focus
- BlackHat Hacking
- Good informative link for Windows based
- Well maintain source for LAMP
- O’Reilly Blogs
- Linux Online Resourses